Certification for Minority-owned Businesses
MBE certification through city, county or state programs
We’ll begin with an
Eligibility Criteria for MBE
A for-profit business located in the United States;
- 51% owned, operated, capitalized and controlled by a member(s) of a presumed group identified below, who is the top executive officer responsible for managing daily operations with a technical expertise (experience) in the firm’s primary business expertise;
- Legal residents (green cards) are accepted by most MBE programsadministered by a city, county and state.
Generally speaking, a member(s) of a presumed group includes:
- Black American: any Black racial group originating in Africa;
- Hispanic: origins in Mexico, Puerto Rico, Cuba, Central and South American, or other Spanish or Portuguese cultures;
- Native American: a Native of Alaska or Hawaii, or certified member of a federal or state recognized Indian Tribe;
- Asian Pacific: origins in the Pacific Islands, China, Taiwan, Korea, Japan, Thailand, Burma, Cambodia, Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore or Philippines;
- Subcontinent Asian: origins in India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, the Maldives Islands, Nepal or Sri Lanka.