Certification for Minority-owned Businesses
VOBE certification through city, county or state programs
We’ll begin with an
Eligibility Criteria for VOBE
- One or more service-disabled veterans, with a service-connected disability rating of 10% or greater, must own at least 51% of the business enterprise. (DVS) to set up a meeting with a DVA State Veterans Benefits Advisor to determine whether you should file a claim with the federal VA to obtain a rating decision.
- The service-disabled veteran owner(s) must have (and exercise) authority to control independently the day-to-day business decisions
- The business must qualify as a small business under the New York State program. This means:
- The enterprise is independently owned and operated
- The enterprise has no more than 300 employees and has a significant business presence in the state but is not dominant in its field
- The company must have a significant business presence in New York State.