Certification for Minority-owned Businesses
WBE certification through city, county or state programs
We’ll begin with an
Eligibility Criteria for WBE
The minimum requirements to qualify as a WBE with the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) or a WBE program administered by a city, county or state are:
- A for-profit business located in the United States;
- 51% owned by a woman, or a group of women who, but for an inheritance, contributed a proportionate amount of capital to acquire ownership.
- When applicable, governing board is controlled by a woman or a group of women;
- Top executive officer, responsible for daily operations is a woman with a technical expertise (experience) in the firm’s primary business activity;
- Women owners are U.S. Citizens or legal residents.